Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day XIV:

Today we had another Space Weather group meeting to touch base with everyone and see what different avenues of research should be explored further. We talked a lot about neural networks and what things should be done next in the testing and training process that would better suit our needs. After listening to Dr. Dube and his methods of dealing with a neural network, I realized I have a few flaws in my own techniques. For one, the network size I was trying to train was not large enough and two, my method of training was not sufficient. Before I was giving the network one input and expecting it to give its approximation of a sine wave. I found that it is better to instead provide the network with multiple ordered inputs of the sine wave and try to train the network to guess the next output. It is a much different from my way of thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment