Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day IV:

sorry, this is 3 days late

On Friday we had a meeting among the other people in the space weather group. We basically took a look at what everyone was doing and decide what direction our work should take. I am supposed to exploring the abilities of the demo network. Afterwards I went to the computer lab and continued researching CME dates. I then decided to test the demo network with different orientations of letters. I provided the network with letters in their original orientation, rotated 45 degrees, and rotates 90 degrees, and then tested it to see if it could recognize letters slanted at 30 and 60 degrees. The process of rotating the letters and then calibrating the network took up a lot of time and there is still testing to be done. My initial conclusion, however, is that the software does not recognize different orientations very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment