Friday, July 16, 2010

Day IX:

I got the opportunity to listen to a masters dissertation today. It was on something about the use of LiDAR and another sensing technique simultaneously to calculate the biomass of an area or identify certain species of trees. It was pretty complicated and I'm sure I didn't understand some of the main components of the presentation. There was a lot of statistical analysis and other things that I had never heard of before (what is an eigenvector?). Besides this gap in knowledge, the central point of the presentation was made clear, that being the combination of LiDAR and the other sensing technique (HSI maybe) produced either no gain in the ability to detect certain things or a slight gain as opposed to using HSI alone. It was pretty deep.

After this I went back to work and began debugging my network attempt. There are some problems to think about but hopefully nothing to serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment