Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day XXIII:

I was at the computer almost all day today, but I got through a lot of data. From what I have found there seems to be a pretty decent correlation between X-Ray spikes and CME events. While the idea is not perfect and still needs some more support, the X-ray flux spike and CME almost happen simultaneously, with the X-ray spike happening just before the actual event. So far there are many exceptions to the rule, especially during times of increased CME activity, but it could possibly be a good forecast that a CME is occurring. I took a brief look at other types of data and there are similar trends but they need to be explored further.

I also continued working on the GUI for my model Neural Network today. I decided to break it up into different windows as opposed to everything being in the same window, creating clutter. I hope I can actually get it to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment